Earlier today the UFC president Dana White held a press conference announcing their historic 7 year deal with FOX Sports.
- Reaching almost 100,000,000 homes FOX is the #1 network in the country.
- The UFC is now being branded with major sports such as the NFL, MLB & NASCAR
- The UFC has a plethora of programming they can spread across affiliated FOX Networks such as FX, Fuel TV and FOX Deportes
- 4 Fights a year will aired on FOX network (looking forward to awesome cards)
- 6 “UFC: Fight Night” Events will be aired on FX (similar to the free cards on Spike)
- Revamping of The Ultimate Fighter Reality Show. Still catching the personalities of upcoming fighters, the show has been switched to a live format which ends in a weekly elimination bout. TUF which will be airing on FX will add 26 MORE live fights to FOX’s roster.
- UFC is still keeping their pay-per-view format, all pre & post conference and Primetime Specials will be added to FOX Network programming as well.
The video covers pretty much all of that as well as why FOX was picked over the other networks. He wouldn’t get into numbers but the rumor mill is saying The UFC will be collecting about $90 million in rights fees. Swag Dana out.